When does 2017 Deer Rut beign

Todd1817

Dec 28, 2015
Deer season in California is also black bear season. Looking to begin scouting deer and bear. When does rut begin thanks for helping

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Depends what zone you are hunting. For A-zone the bucks are usually starting to rut the last weekend of season, in d-13 I have seen them pre rutting as early as the first weekend of season...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

California is huge with many different species of deer living in every climate zone. They all have their own date and the Rut with deer here can be vague to non existing to on fire all in the same day.

Dont base your hunting on the rut. Just spend as much time as you can in the field

Reactions: Gspman
Depends what zone you are hunting. For A-zone the bucks are usually starting to rut the last weekend of season, in d-13 I have seen them pre rutting as early as the first weekend of season...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I been looking over towards Arizona area but want to go towarss buttermilk area

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Todd,

The rut in D-16 can last over 3 months.....Normally starting in Late October.....Weather has a lot to do with it too.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu