Where can I dial in my rifle at 200 yds?

Ryan_germain1911

Jul 21, 2014
Northern San Diego
Well I got a new setup and I'm looking to sight it in at 200 yds. I don't have a clue where I could do it. Where have y'all brought your rifles to get them sighted in? Is there ranges that far or just a property someone has. If anyone has anything I can shoot on I'll pay for some range time!

msteiger said:
South Bay Rod and Gun Club has a range that lets you shoot 100, 200, and 300 yards.
That would be my pick too. Usually you can use BLM land, but currently it's off limits due to fire danger. Here is a list of locations and contact info for ranges in the SD area.
http://shooting.forsandiego.com/Ranges.html
Where do you live?

If you want to use BLM land I would head down to ocotillo.

South Bay is actually a screaming deal. $100 for a whole year membership. Unlimited shooting on 6 ranges from 25 to 300 yards.

Shame about the drive.

SurfNHuntSD said:
Painted Gorge too. I doubt campers will be out there in the heat. Maybe OHVs though.
Painted Gorge is a real good spot, just bring an easy up and get done early. 1.5" high at 100yrds should get it done at 200. Unless your shooting at tacks and you want to work through it. I personally can't stand the noise. ;D

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu