Where cottontail?

DeafHunter32

Jul 16, 2014
Hello, I am Jordan S. and I am deaf. I have been hunting small game whole my life when I live in pasadena and went to Lancaster/Palmdale area for hunt. I love to hunt dove, quail, and rabbits. Now I just moved in here Desert Hot Springs for temporary. I went to rabbit hunting last Monday 6am at north of salton sea. Got nothing and only saw full of coyote's tracks.... Anybody know where good decent cottontail hunting area in riverside county? I am tired of eating jacks. I miss eat cottontail. Anybody can help me out? I will be appreciating it, thanks.

Oh really? In Indio? That's good thing I don't have to drive farther because the gas price is too high for me. Do you know where I can start in Indio pm me if you want to. I looked up at Google map looks like a lot of homes in the west of Indio... I don't want deal with police or game warden...

ilovesprig said:
I didn't mean Indio proper.......I meant around Indio and south to Coachella farmland.

Alright gotcha. Thanks for tips! I will try go there sometime this week. I will let you know how I am do there.

Not to be a jerk or a downer but... I know gas Is expensive and it just went up again I know I average 400 miles a day 5-6 days a week. But one must put in the miles to hunt Southern California. Also I understand not wanting to hang out with leos and wardens (wild life officers) but hunting you will meet up with both. Wardens see you long before you see them so you should expect to meet wardens every time you go out no matter how far out you hike.

If cost of gas meeting Leo's and wardens is not your cup of tea maybe you should reconsider hunting

GSPman said:
Not to be a jerk or a downer but... I know gas Is expensive and it just went up again I know I average 400 miles a day 5-6 days a week. But one must put in the miles to hunt Southern California. Also I understand not wanting to hang out with leos and wardens (wild life officers) but hunting you will meet up with both. Wardens see you long before you see them so you should expect to meet wardens every time you go out no matter how far out you hike.

If cost of gas meeting Leo's and wardens is not your cup of tea maybe you should reconsider hunting

I understand what you try to say. Next time, I will try be hunting a lil bit harder....Honestly I love warden and I watch warden on tv everyday. I don't mind they check out me and my friends. I never have no problem with warden. But police I don't want they waste my time if they don't know what's hunting's policy.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu