Where Does One Go To Learn About Regulations?

There once was a guy that was the master of that zone..King of the 15...definitely not me..but I'll take a stab at it ..if it is actively Archery ONLY season in D15. And you have a GENERAL D15/D13/D11 tag...you may use that tag with a BOW only. When the General opens .you may pick up the bang stick and proceed..if you are in an area that allows firearms. ..so.. Yes ..

Reactions: sportyg
Yes.

I have a tag for D15. It looks like its good for both Archery and Rifle season. Is this correct? If it is, I plan to take the bow while scouting, on the off chance an opportunity present itself. Then, during the General Season, I'll start carrying my rifle. Is this what others do?
Did you read the tag?.. Don't worry about what others do. Read the regs and formulate your own plan.
If you truly have an interest in hunting you will find the information available to read surprisingly entertaining.

Can't say enough about reading and understanding the regs !! Been at it since 1971; and I read then every year before season starts. Over the years dfg has modified/edited previous regs without any warning or attention. They love to change just a couple words or a phrase that changes everything prior. Good example, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong on timing. The first few years they addressed spinning wing decoys the regs stated that you could use them anytime from the start of season on. Then a couple years later the regs stated if your spinner was battery operated it was not allowed till Dec. 1st. So guys started buying spinners that operated on a pull string and wind spinners and using them on opening day. The following year or the next the regs stated "any mechanical means of spinners: was illegal and could not be used until Dec 1st.
I just love how they changed wording each time to fit their agenda with very little public notice.
Waiting for the day they say all spinners are illegal for dove ! Hatchet would have a conniption fit !!

• Haha
Reactions: ilovesprig
Can't say enough about reading and understanding the regs !! Been at it since 1971; and I read then every year before season starts. Over the years dfg has modified/edited previous regs without any warning or attention. They love to change just a couple words or a phrase that changes everything prior. Good example, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong on timing. The first few years they addressed spinning wing decoys the regs stated that you could use them anytime from the start of season on. Then a couple years later the regs stated if your spinner was battery operated it was not allowed till Dec. 1st. So guys started buying spinners that operated on a pull string and wind spinners and using them on opening day. The following year or the next the regs stated "any mechanical means of spinners: was illegal and could not be used until Dec 1st.
I just love how they changed wording each time to fit their agenda with very little public notice.
Waiting for the day they say all spinners are illegal for dove ! Hatchet would have a conniption fit !!

F*ck Hatchet......I'd have a conniption fit....................... :joy: :joy: :joy:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu