Whole hog smoker

So the pig was hanging at 52lbs total meat removed after smoking was 25 1/4lbs.
I forgot to score & salt the skin. So the skin came out more like Raw Hide then Crackle. I also think I could of removed a little more fat form it.
The sun reflecting off of the tin roof was insane, So I'm going to replace it with 14 gauge sheet metal add handles & cut it in half.
All in all The smoker worked great & it was easy to get it to temp & maintaining a desired temp. I think I would like to add a spit to it in the future.....

Wow ! 25 lbs of pulled pork sandwich for the family and your guest.
Try to use a needle tenderizer on the pig skin and oil it every hour to make the skin crispy. other people use salt or soy oil combination to make it shiny and crispy like the asian lechon.
Just curious , does the meat still juicy after smoking it that long.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu