Who's scouting?

Tbob

Dec 11, 2014
Anyone else going scouting this weekend? I'm going to check out a few places and hang a few cameras tomorrow and Sunday. Been sitting behind my maps and talking to a few people and taking all the advise I can get. Hoping to find a spot for early archery deer, but hoping to find a little turkey sign too.. Who else is scouting this summer?? Amd how has it been going?

Did a little after rabbit hunting this morning......All leather seen with glass.....Pretty nice guy on one of the trail cams.

Attachments

• 960.JPG
    960.JPG
    684.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 502.JPG
    502.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
Have you got MCC to change the 3x or better?

Tejon took all forkys last year we shall see how that worked out this month

MJB said:

No........And I don't think it will ever change........Just too many guys that would probably just shoot the 1st legal buck they see (kind of like jakes).

Right on guys!
Just got back from checking out a sweet little gem on some public land. My OnX map chip is so worth every penny. I skirted a chunk of a private ranch and found a cool area that someone had told me about. It's close enough to private that I doubt many people hunt it.. Didn't see a whole lot of sign, didn't see any deer, but the area is some great looking habitat! I put up 2 different trail cams on trails, so hopefully in the next couple weeks I'll go back and have a few photos to share... I did find some beds under some big shady trees. There was some white hair in a few of the beds and sure looked like deer hair to me. I also found what I think is a turkey feather, so that's cool too!

ilovesprig said:
MJB said:

No........And I don't think it will ever change........Just too many guys that would probably just shoot the 1st legal buck they see (kind of like jakes).
Last year a few guys took forks on MCC despite the rule. Some folks just are in it for themselves; they feel rules apply to everyone else.

Tbob said:
Yet another dumb question, but what is MCC?
Tim,

It stands for MY Country Club........Hunting club up near Lake Henshaw that a number of us belong to.

http://mycountryclubinc.com/

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu