Winchester Model 101 o/u help

SluiceCoot

Oct 25, 2014
Rancho
Having a problem double firing. I took it to a gunsmith last year but they could not replicate the problem as it seemed to only double fire periodically. I now can recreate it every time with Winchester super speed ammo. Regular ammo functions just fine. Any suggestions on how to fix this or whom to take it to. I'm out in Rancho

OK Steve......I owned a Charles Daly that was basically the same gun made by Miroku Gun Works......My Daly o/u did the same thing......The hammer has a catch that automatically catches when you fire the 1st barrel.....What happens is it rounds off. Catches sometimes and sometimes it doesn't......Hence the double firing.

yup to above sounds like the sear, similar to an ar's simi auto sear. some times they wear down. sometimes it can be just a simple file ive done a few revolvers. sometimes a new sear. pretty cheap pretty easy.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu