Wireless E Caller question

briantb

Feb 3, 2014
so cal
Looking for a Wireless E caller for coyote but can't justify the expense of a Foxpro just yet, would rather put my money in Fuel for scouting and Ammo,..and im just plain cheap...lol

Any decent wireless caller with a remote range up to 50 yards...i know some are rated at that but in true life are more like 20 yards..

been using a my cell phone apps with amplified speaker and it works but want a wireless

anyone have experiance with the Icotec gc300
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00844Q3XC/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=37361102945&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1937047362122323858&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_6osrasj004_e

Good price and good reviews on it. The difference in price is also the difference in quality. The FoxPro is unrivaled because they run (I believe) 24 bit sounds as opposed to most manufacturers running 12 bit sounds. The quality of each call is MUCH better. You'd be bummed if you dropped $80 on that one and it sounded like dogs barking in a tunnel. IMHO. Might be a good one... I'm sure the others on here will tell you "buy once, cry once". Been through 2 Western Rivers before going to the FoxPro. Each one was a step up from the previous, but the FoxPro blows those 2 out of the water. Again, IMHO.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/FOXPRO-reg-Spitfire-Predator-Caller/734955.uts?productVariantId=1622210&WT.tsrc=CSE&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=02931467&rid=40&channel=GoogleBaseUSA&mr:trackingCode=F492A336-0592-DF11-BDAB-002219318F67&mr:referralID=NA&mr:device=c&mr:adType=pla&mr:ad=30640532351&mr:keyword&mr:match&mr:filter=57964795991&gclid=CInC1cWDtrwCFU5efgodNzwA_w&gclsrc=aw.ds

briantb said:
I thought the wildfire replaced the spitfire..?

Pretty sure the wildfire ii replaced the wildfire i and the spitfire is the most basic. 24 calls and no special features. Wildfire ii has 35 calls and foxbang feature. Larger storage capacity. That spitfire would be good if you're still trying to keep costs low and get good quality. Go on YouTube and watch some videos. You can go to the FoxPro website and listen to the different calls too. It tells you the 24 preloaded calls and you can always go online and download others.

Varmintal.com el cheapo and hook you phone to a walkie talkie and another talkie to the mini amp in. I've had this setup for 5 years and killed lots of stuff over it. Make sure the walkie has a lock for the que button so you don't have to hold it. Or for full redneck inginuity use a wireless mic like the do for concerts . Best buy has them. My buddy's reaches 200 yds max and wasn't to expensive. Or use a Johnny Stewart attractor with remote for 35.99 and hook up to the amp. I've done all. I will be purchasing a a hellfire any day and giving el cheapo to my Lil Bro .

If you do get a Fox Pro go to allpredatorcalls .com, when you order through them you get to choose the sounds you want on your device at no extra cost. These folks are legit and are super helpful, it makes it nice to select your custom claas for your hunting area or style.

I have the icotec gc300 caller and my buddy has the firefox but forget which model. Icotec is just as good. We compared the volume and the icotec may be a little louder in my opinion and the sound quality is just as good. They are coming with a new model (gc500) where you can program sounds into it opposed to just the built in sounds. I haven't tried it out yet though as I haven't had time to hunt and I got it for christmas. But, does sound real nice and reviews on them are pretty darn good.

Toua70 said:
I have the icotec gc300 caller and my buddy has the firefox but forget which model. Icotec is just as good. We compared the volume and the icotec may be a little louder in my opinion and the sound quality is just as good. They are coming with a new model (gc500) where you can program sounds into it opposed to just the built in sounds. I haven't tried it out yet though as I haven't had time to hunt and I got it for christmas. But, does sound real nice and reviews on them are pretty darn good.
I have been looking at the youtube video reviews and decided to order one, got it with a primos sit n spin decoy for $102 shipped,

Look forward to hearing how your new call works. Please post up a review if you can

Fine Firearms is now a Foxpro dealer factory direct...

Could be a good thing for SCH!

The spitfire is discontinued from FoxPro so that made my decision a lil easier for me.....for 3 months I have been using the cell phone app and mp3 player calls and getting some decent action, all I was really looking for is something Wireless and volume on remote......I could be wrong and will be the first to admit it if I am, I don't think sound quality means all that much....you guys should hear some of the crappy sounds from my mp3....lol, coyotes only care if it sounds good to eat...lol

briantb said:
The spitfire is discontinued from FoxPro so that made my decision a lil easier for me.....for 3 months I have been using the cell phone app and mp3 player calls and getting some decent action, all I was really looking for is something Wireless and volume on remote......I could be wrong and will be the first to admit it if I am, I don't think sound quality means all that much....you guys should hear some of the crappy sounds from my mp3....lol, coyotes only care if it sounds good to eat...lol

That is true, somewhat. I've called a coyote in with school clothes and singing jingle bells with a mouth call. All depends how hungry/dumb they are lol

TaftHunter said:
briantb said:

That is true, somewhat. I've called a coyote in with school clothes and singing jingle bells with a mouth call. All depends how hungry/dumb they are lol

haha that's awesome! But yeah, the GC300 should do you just fine. The volume is pretty dang loud. I haven't tested the "300 yard" range yet but I'm sure it'll work from quite a ways. Good luck to ya.

briantb said:
Toua70 said:
I have been looking at the youtube video reviews and decided to order one, got it with a primos sit n spin decoy for $102 shipped,

You'll be happy with that decoy too!

Keep an eye on the Foxpro site.
They have re-manufactured ones on there sometimes at pretty good prices.

here is my mini review of the icotec gc300 after having it for a month or so now

Great low budget caller, they say its wireless range is 300 yards, not sure if that part is true but it has worked perfectly up to 100 yards so far in a test, good sound quality and plenty loud, battery life seems pretty good I have used it on around 15 stands now with the same 4 AA batterys... so for $70 bux you cant go wrong, they are coming out with 2 new models in a couple months, one will be fully programmable for $179

Attachments

• 1795552_248087792036925_1843944134_n.jpg
    1795552_248087792036925_1843944134_n.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 75

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu