Wister 11/16/19 was an amazing

Wednesday was brutal too...I got 2 spoons and beat the average by 1.1 birds (.9 of a duck)...Terribly slow is an understatement.

ps...The mosquitos were the worse I've ever seen...No let up even in the midday.

Reactions: outdoorhero42
Here’s a suggestion from someone who’s not a swamp stomper. Until they come down, ditch the mud and mosquitos and hunt quail. Hundreds of coveys within a few miles of Wister. If you can hit the tiny targets, you’ll be automatic on nailing the ducks and geese when they arrive. Might even give your dog something to do rather than stare at empty water.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Water Dog, I've killed alot of quail in the valley, but had a top reservation and dad wanted to go for waterfowl.

I forgot to add in my original post about how to not be a complete idiot while tossing out duck decoys by entangling your hand in the cord and getting smacked on the head with a 4oz weight! If your gonna be dumb, ya gotta be tough, lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk20191116_071042.jpg

Mosquitos were thick on Saturday. We shot one gadwall early and that was it. A few weary pintail around later in the morning but overall there wasn’t much flying around

Water Dog, I've killed alot of quail in the valley, but had a top reservation and dad wanted to go for waterfowl.

I forgot to add in my original post about how to not be a complete idiot while tossing out duck decoys by entangling your hand in the cord and getting smacked on the head with a 4oz weight! If your gonna be dumb, ya gotta be tough, lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using TapatalkView attachment 41955
Ouch!
Love the line “if you’re gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough”. Lol

I got hammered on opener.. my back looked like I had a disease I was bit so bad. Forgot my spray and Thermocell in the truck...

Been there. I will never forget bug spray again. Even when it gets colder down in the IV there are mosquitoes

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu