Wister 12/8

SurfNHuntSD

Oct 1, 2013
San Diego
www.sandiegoturkey.com
Slow morning at Wister today but @Irvine and I were able to manage 4 a piece. Fly off was almost non-existent.. the teal that usually buzz through at first light never came. Didn't even see many high flyers going to/from the sea. Weird day. We dropped our pins early (hens) then of course all day we had bulls floating in at slingshot range. Then we dropped a couple teal and a nice drake gadwall came in on a string and got smoked. Still fun and a hell of a better day than being at work.
20211208_144928.jpg

I hunted wister yesterday as well but refilled around 1100 am. Could not believe the changes around there since I have not hunted wister after we had to pull our trailers out for covid. Had plenty of spots to pick so no wait. I know this is a no no but I picked T14,5. At this time I'd like to say that the mosquitoes were at an all time high.:D. When I got to my spot I was shocked at the amount of trash that was there from the hunters before me. At least 2 boxes of empty bright hulls, brokens chairs, and crap. Cmon man, pick it up. With it being this slow, spend some time cleaning up and get some good karma. By the way I got my sprig. 1 and done. Hope it gets cold so the bugs die.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu