Wister #17 on opening day

Mark Veit

Oct 18, 2016
Rancho Cucamonga, ca
Hi folks. I haven't hunted Wister in about five years and I am hoping for some help on where the birds tend to hang out. Used to be the Y, T, and U zones in the south, or 115. 312 zones in the north. Trying to introduce some new folks to duck hunting, so I would appreciate any help. Thanks folks.

Hi Mark and welcome to SCH.....Was just out there.....Guys get pretty touchy about mentioning hunting sites over an open forum......If you want more info about Wister, please PM me.....Thanks

Oh, and congrats on a great draw......;)

Reactions: Mark Veit
Hi Mark and welcome to SCH.....Was just out there.....Guys get pretty touchy about mentioning hunting sites over an open forum......If you want more info about Wister, please PM me.....Thanks

Oh, and congrats on a great draw......;)
ilovesprig, thanks so much for replying. With your resume, I appreciate any advice. Wister used to be my hang out in the 90's, but took my duck hunting up north in the central valley. I am sure much has changed. Thanks again for the help. Now, if I could figure out how to PM on this website!

Last edited:
Mark,

A lot has changed at Wister......A couple of the major changes are.....

413 is now called 413 East & West.....7 sites in there, instead of 5.....Parking for west is at the end of Honker Rd. then turn right.....For 413 East.....You have parking on Bufflehead Rd. & south east corner where the hatchery was.

114 is now only A & B......S22 is not huntable......Y16A has 3 sites now (mud pots in field).....Most everything else is subject to water conditions, which are changing daily.....Check board to see what's flooded.....About 93 sites available for the opener plus 13 at Hazard.

Camping now has a day campground that you MUST sign in the kiosk and get a numbered space......No camping in the check-in parking lot.

Map is from 2014.

.Wister.jpg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu