Wister Roads?

A-5_Guy

Nov 4, 2014
Escondido
Just curious how passable the roads around Wister are right now? I've heard a couple roads are washed out or impassable. Are y'all heading there this weekend?

Dunno, and this is a bit of a hijack, but I love those A-5's! I have an old
One from the 50's and I'm saving up for the new one.

Sprig should know. Guy is like the wister guru around here.

I was pretty surprised at how passable the roads were considering all the apocalyptic predictions. Made it through Scaup road no problems, but I have 4WD. Apparently a lot of guys got stuck afterwards, as we could hear them yelling all morning.

Slow hunting. It was the least amount of birds I've seen there. 4 guys, 5 ducks. Hunted till 1330.

You were lucky...........12 trucks stuck at Wister yesterday with a number of them on Scaup......My friend Steve Dickerson (Dickerson's Towing in Westmoreland) is cleaning up......... ;)

ilovesprig said:
You were lucky...........12 trucks stuck at Wister yesterday with a number of them on Scaup......My friend Steve Dickerson (Dickerson's Towing in Westmoreland) is cleaning up......... ;)

I should've listened to you about the lack of ducks, but I don't have a whole lot of other options. It was still good fellowship in the blind...

A-5_Guy said:
ilovesprig said:

I should've listened to you about the lack of ducks, but I don't have a whole lot of other options. It was still good fellowship in the blind...

Absolutely..........This time of year many times it's more of the reflection of the season and seasons past with friends in the blind or around the fire.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu