Worrisome

Muledeerhunter

Nov 5, 2013
Sorry California
We all know what the 2nd Amendment says, but if the Supreme Court keeps refusing to hear gun rights cases, that leaves us with state gun control. SMH.

We all know what the 2nd Amendment says, but if the Supreme Court keeps refusing to hear gun rights cases, that leaves us with state gun control. SMH.

I agree with you but the supremes could screw the second Amendment too. My concern is Chief Justice Roberts. We all thought he was a constitutional originalist but he has come down on the liberal left side of the court in a number of decisions. There are a number of cases I’d like to see the supremes decide on but Roberts could tip the ruling to the left. If Trump is re-elected he will likely appoint another justice (I can’t see Justice Ginsberg lasting 4 more years and justice Sotomayor has some serious health problems). Right now I think favorable 2A rulings are a crap shoot. But it looks like we don’t have to worry about since they aren’t going to hear any 2A cases.

Reactions: Muley Buck
I agree with you but the supremes could screw the second Amendment too. My concern is Chief Justice Roberts. We all thought he was a constitutional originalist but he has come down on the liberal left side of the court in a number of decisions. There are a number of cases I’d like to see the supremes decide on but Roberts could tip the ruling to the left. If Trump is re-elected he will likely appoint another justice (I can’t see Justice Ginsberg lasting 4 more years and justice Sotomayor has some serious health problems). Right now I think favorable 2A rulings are a crap shoot. But it looks like we don’t have to worry about since they aren’t going to hear any 2A cases.

I've wondered for a number of years what they have on Roberts. The contortions he went through to save Obamacare were unbelievable. He is not a Constitutionalist. But, the 2nd Amendment cases need to be heard, or we are dinosaurs on our way out.

Reactions: CRABBY and WaterDog
As much as a loathe Roberts, you gotta remember that cases have to go through lower courts. POTUS has appointed more judges than any other President in history EXCEPT one.. George Washington. Trump and The Turtle are not allowing blue state senators to recommend jurists. Which has been a common "Gentlemens" agreement over the last 100 years. (only Republican Presidents have followed that tradition btw, the idiots) President Trump is doing his best to keep big cases from reaching the SCOTUS by piling on Conservative Judges to the lower courts. President Trump is a very brilliant man. Big picture wise and knowing how Roberts has screwed us it might have been a good day for the 2nd and not as dire as it seems. We just need to keep POTUS for another 4yrs and I truly believe things will be much different. Imagine President Trump without having to worry about an election. Another 4yrs of Trump will CHANGE the landscape of the country for 50yrs. If we get Trump Keep the Senate and take the house....its going to be real ugly for the Sinister side...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu