[WTB] 20Ga Over/Under Shotgun

InDeepShip

Nov 7, 2021
Looking to buy a Upland Shotgun. Looking for something around the 1200$ price point. Does anyone have any that they want to get rid of?

Reactions: TRICER
Looking to buy a Upland Shotgun. Looking for something around the 1200$ price point. Does anyone have any that they want to get rid of?
There's a lot of entry level O/U's in that price range...Stoeger Condor are around $500.00...Pretty darn nice, Ruger Red Labels, Browning Citori all are worth a try.

.stoeger.png

Fair warning:

The Turkish made guns are not lifetime guns and will disappoint at some time during operation. If you are going to shoot one now and then, good to go. If you hunt a lot, look at the Japanese, Italian, Belgian or American shotguns.

Find a used Browning, Ruger or Beretta. Hard to beat and a lifetime purchase

Fair warning:

The Turkish made guns are not lifetime guns and will disappoint at some time during operation. If you are going to shoot one now end then, good to go. If you hunt a lot, look at the Japanese, Italian, Belgian or American shotguns.

Find a used Browning, Ruger or Beretta. Hard to beat and a lifetime purchase
One of the big reasons I'm looking at used guns. Might be able to get into a better gun then a new turkish one. Just got to find a good deal

Also I finally reasoned up to getting a 20 over a 12. Got invited to dove hunt in September.

I've been looking around SD at all the shops and all the guns I've been seeing have been mainly fixed not adjustable chokes

Turner's in San Marcos had a O/U in their used gun rack...It appeared to be a Beretta Silver Pigeon...Probably more than $1,200.

I had a CZ O/U and it was very nice...Under a 1,000 bucks.

.cz.jpg

I see that one of those turners has a nice citori in stock for 1.5k. what do you guys think of a 12g 28in barrel?

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 180ls1
I see that one of those turners has a nice citori in stock for 1.5k. what do you guys think of a 12g 28in barrel?

I prefer short barrels on upland guns in general, but 28's on O/U's are historically very balanced...You need to throw them up yourself... :blush:

Turner's in San Marcos had a O/U in their used gun rack...It appeared to be a Beretta Silver Pigeon...Probably more than $1,200.

I had a CZ O/U and it was very nice...Under a 1,000 bucks.

.View attachment 54901

Turner's online gun rack includes their used/consignment guns. Helpful tool, sometimes not up to date but I've found stuff on there before then called the store to confirm it's available and was.

Reactions: ilovesprig

Long barrels sure point nicely!

I am the type that won't compromise with my weapon though. I'll favor something that shoots well/easily even if it's a little harder to carry because that's what does the killing. I'll find a way to save weight elsewhere.

Long barrels sure point nicely!

I am the type that won't compromise with my weapon though. I'll favor something that shoots well/easily even if it's a little harder to carry because that's what does the killing. I'll find a way to save weight elsewhere.

Speaking of comfort...I used to laugh when I saw Euros having O/U's with slings...When walking long distances or carrying heavier hunting guns...The sling is a great addition... ;)

.IMG_3199.JPG

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu