WTB or Rent Coyote Caller for 9/18

JakeSCH

Anyone have a coyote caller that I could buy or rent off of them for tomorrow. Buddy is living on a couple thousand acres just outside of Ramona and they have a coyote problem.

Anyone have a coyote caller that I could buy or rent off of them for tomorrow. Buddy is living on a couple thousand acres just outside of Ramona and they have a coyote problem.
Swing by and grab mine tonight. I am not planning on using it for a while.

Swing by and grab mine tonight. I am not planning on using it for a while.

Thanks Drew, I'll text you in a bit. Never shot a coyote before, but figured it was a great reason to practice shooting off the GTP-RS and some long range before my elk hunt. Do you think 300 WM is enough to take on a yote? ;)

The year one pups are hunting now and will respond to animal distress sounds. The parents will respond to challenge / wounded ki-yi combinations. Killing the Alpha will usually fix coyote problems.

Thanks Drew, I'll text you in a bit. Never shot a coyote before, but figured it was a great reason to practice shooting off the GTP-RS and some long range before my elk hunt. Do you think 300 WM is enough to take on a yote? ;)
That will kill them. I will give you some 12ga coyote rounds also. If they are untrained on private they will be coming hard.

Isn't it time for a report and some photos of dead yotes?

We ended up shooting at the range much longer than initially planned and didn't see any yotes. Mostly because I entered in the data wrong for my sig2400abs, but finally got it squared away.

Overall happy with my elk setup though, because if a bull elk gets within 600 yards he will be done.

Back