Wyoming mule deer draw

Bonejour

Rut - Me worry?
Jan 27, 2013
Just put in for another trip to WY this fall. I went for pref points as well, but anyway it's about a two out of three year thing (odds of drawing a nonres group hunt). Will prob go for antelope as well, since they are all over the place and it would increase our chances of drawing. Haven't decided on that, waiting to hear from my buddies who live there.

Wyoming has a lot of untapped opportunities. There are not many places that you can go on one trip and shoot a deer and antelope all on 1 trip. It makes the trip very worth while. I usually hunt antelope by Gillette and deer west of Buffalo on the same trip. I found a outfitter that does antelope hunts for $995 on private property but he is licenses to hunt the public also. In doing so if the antelope go under a fence we can still pursue them. I go to another one for Mule Deer which is only $1795 to hunt private ranches and the public ground between them He even has a Mule Deer Rut Hunt that is the first 10 days of November, you see bucks that no one has seen all summer, just monsters. Some people like to come and hunt the public land but like most public land across the country it is heavily hunt, hunter rich and game poor. If I drive all the way from Cali I want to be certain that something dies. This may sound hard but for those that hunt and enjoy walking in the woods all week with their rifle over their shoulder, to each his own I don't drive for 2 days for that. When I hunt I always bring meat home, I shop conservatively for a guide on private property, and that is my successful hunt. The guide is my insurance program that insures my long drive, gas, meals, license, the cold weather, snow, is not for nothing, and that I don't go home empty handed. I have done the DIY, public land hunts and you will consistently find the deer on the private land are far superior to the numbers and size on the public land. In the scope of things $1800 worth of decision makes the $1000 for the other costs worth while.
I am in good health and can walk, but I choose to hire a expert in finding deer just as I am a expert in my field and people hire me for my skill, knowledge and tools. Don't miss the Wyoming Deer draw I know areas that are a 100% draw if put in for before May 31, If you need help let me know. I would like to see more dead deer coming into Cali.
Here are some of the bucks from our group from the last couple of years. They wern't always this size but you control the trigger shoot what you wish to shoot.
Thank-you
Greg Merriam

Attachments

• $(KGrHqN,!mEFGw5!e6u4BRz3j38teg~~60_57.jpg
    $(KGrHqN,!mEFGw5!e6u4BRz3j38teg~~60_57.jpg
    799.3 KB · Views: 33
  • $T2eC16N,!ykE9s7tvVepBRz3jUjphw~~60_57.jpg
    $T2eC16N,!ykE9s7tvVepBRz3jUjphw~~60_57.jpg
    716.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 1 HR PhotoScan0016.jpg
    1 HR PhotoScan0016.jpg
    832.6 KB · Views: 30
  • att_85_100_44481-Thumb.jpg
    att_85_100_44481-Thumb.jpg
    591.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 1buro.jpg
    1buro.jpg
    631.8 KB · Views: 30
  • aa2509_16 (2).jpg
    aa2509_16 (2).jpg
    854.1 KB · Views: 33

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu