X5-B

Nate_270wsm

Nov 2, 2014
Hi guys this my first of many posts. I have 10 points for deer, I'm really hoping to draw X5-B this next hunting season. I was wondering if anyone has hunted the area before and had good success. If anyone would like to point me to a good mountain range to start looking at on goggle earth would be helpful. I would be willing to trade some info on D-13 area, been hunting it for 20 years. Not afraid to put the boots and pack on and hike. Thanks guys and gals.

Hey Nate_270wsm - Welcomw to SCH.

Let me take a wild guess - you shoot a .264 Win-Mag... ;D

Pretty hard to beat the .270 WSM. Shoots flat and hits hard. Very accurate round too! What rifle is it chambered in?

I shot a weatherby sub moa for around 8 years, just couldn't get it to group good anymore. I just bought the tikka lite a few month ago.

Nice! The Tikka T3 is arguably the nicest rifle under $1K.

Nate_270wsm said:
I shot a weatherby sub moa for around 8 years, just couldn't get it to group good anymore. I just bought the tikka lite a few month ago.
That's a bummer about your Weatherby! No idea what happened?

Looks like a good zone for big bucks hope you draw!

For that rifle I would try the Final Finish to smooth the barrel & them the TMS for the throat. Should be back to normal.

http://www.davidtubb.com/Product-Information

I hear its the area to draw if you don't have max points, I think my chance are really good. I know it burned a few years back, so if I can't get any info I will focus on that area.
Thank you for the web sight i book marked the page and try out what you said to do. I load my bullets pretty hot because I have to shoot copper. I was having trouble with the bullet not expanding when I shoot a deer through the lungs, if you hit them in the shoulder you pretty much loose the front quarters. So I started loading them really hot to get some expansion out of them. I know there's a tone of people that will disagree with me, but that's my experience with them. I have put a tone of rounds through the barrel and always kept it super clean. I was also doing some reading the scope might have went bad, I was going to change it next time I go to the range.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu