X5-B

Nate_270wsm

Hi guys this my first of many posts. I have 10 points for deer, I'm really hoping to draw X5-B this next hunting season. I was wondering if anyone has hunted the area before and had good success. If anyone would like to point me to a good mountain range to start looking at on goggle earth would be helpful. I would be willing to trade some info on D-13 area, been hunting it for 20 years. Not afraid to put the boots and pack on and hike. Thanks guys and gals.

Hey Nate_270wsm - Welcomw to SCH.

Let me take a wild guess - you shoot a .264 Win-Mag... ;D

Pretty hard to beat the .270 WSM. Shoots flat and hits hard. Very accurate round too! What rifle is it chambered in?

I shot a weatherby sub moa for around 8 years, just couldn't get it to group good anymore. I just bought the tikka lite a few month ago.

Nice! The Tikka T3 is arguably the nicest rifle under $1K.

Nate_270wsm said:
I shot a weatherby sub moa for around 8 years, just couldn't get it to group good anymore. I just bought the tikka lite a few month ago.
That's a bummer about your Weatherby! No idea what happened?

Looks like a good zone for big bucks hope you draw!

For that rifle I would try the Final Finish to smooth the barrel & them the TMS for the throat. Should be back to normal.

http://www.davidtubb.com/Product-Information

I hear its the area to draw if you don't have max points, I think my chance are really good. I know it burned a few years back, so if I can't get any info I will focus on that area.
Thank you for the web sight i book marked the page and try out what you said to do. I load my bullets pretty hot because I have to shoot copper. I was having trouble with the bullet not expanding when I shoot a deer through the lungs, if you hit them in the shoulder you pretty much loose the front quarters. So I started loading them really hot to get some expansion out of them. I know there's a tone of people that will disagree with me, but that's my experience with them. I have put a tone of rounds through the barrel and always kept it super clean. I was also doing some reading the scope might have went bad, I was going to change it next time I go to the range.

Back