X9B

Has anyone here hunted X9B? I know that it is some rugged terrain but it looks like an area that could produce and provide the opportunity for a nice buck. Thoughts?

I lived in Bishop and hunted the Coyote Flats & Big Pine Cyn. areas of X-9B...... Big country for sure.....With that said, I like X-9A way better.....And in fact, I like X-12 better as well......2 cents

I might add, when I hunted these areas there was none of this zone stuff..... :-[

I think I'm going to with X12 this year. I only have 3 points and this will more than likely be my last hunting season in California.

I just applied for a tag in this area. My uncle went on his first hunt (solo) for a buck last season and was successful. He said the hardest part was lugging the deer out of the area as it is rough terrain and requires a large amount of hiking. I am hoping both him and I are successful with the draw this year in that area.

I have max points on all of game animal in Ca. if not drawn for G3 , i will burn all of my deer points on one of the X zone next year....
I'am getting old.. :'( :'(

Eric pecan said:
I have max points on all of game animal in Ca. if not drawn for G3 , i will burn all of my deer points on one of the X zone next year....
I'am getting old.. :'( :'(
Eric,

Hope you get that G-3 draw......Unfortunately, I have a number of friends that are getting up in age with the same dilemma...... :(

This is killing me, I have enough points to draw any of the Archery Hunts, except the Bass Lake one. I really want to go into the A 16 or 17 (X9A or B), but maybe I will just take a weekend or two and go up there and scout this year to see if that is what I really want to do. I will probably just do my normal A-22 and AO tag so I don't have to think about anything and just get it done.

Andy,

Go for that archery tag in A-16 (X9-A).......I know quite a few folks up there....... ;)

Plus, you'd have a place to stay....... ;D

ilovesprig said:
Andy,

Go for that archery tag in A-16 (X9-A).......I know quite a few folks up there....... ;)

Plus, you'd have a place to stay....... ;D
X2 Andy. We should be up there this year as well.... well fingers crossed.

Let me know if you get it. I can help.

Well I wussed and took the Point. Well put in for G3, and A22 as my Second Choice. I might tag up and go in on a Party hunt for X9A next year and then use Deb's Points for us to get Dueling A17's. Oh hell, who knows that is a long ways away

Jus drew it myself. Looking to go solo 3-5 days. Any info for best trailhead?

Back