Yakkin in the bay

Looks like a blast.

I've been looking at kayaks for a while. Thought I had a great deal on a '21 Hobie, but was ghosted on the deal.

I looked into Hobie obviously because of the name. But I didnt like the fact that if I wanted to rig it for fishing it was going to cost more money. Look into Lightning Kayaks. They are Hobie style, ready to fish from, and less expensive. Pretty good customer service. I have had mine for a year now. It handles pretty good in chop and currents. The only upgrade that you really should do with it is the fins but thats it. I have the Lightning Strike. There is a newer one that is out now I believe.

Thanks for the tip. I'll check them out for sure.

I've had an allert on OfferUp for a bit. A dude was selling a decked out Hobie for $1300 with everything, ready to go. Then, same day, it was de-listed and I never heard back again. I was ready, cash in hand to get to him as fast as I could.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu