Youth hunt Wister Area Goose Question

Vermonster

Dec 14, 2012
Have a quick question, need an answer. Got an invite for my 14yo to hunt a club in the Valley right on the outskirts of Wister. The club has a chance at some geese occasionally. I looked at the regs, and it's within a specific goose area, which has certain seasons broken up. According to the regs, Feb 6-7 is not open for goose. So my question is, does that mean that even the youth cannot shoot geese there, or are those dates specifically left out of the general dates because it's youth weekend, and therefore only open to youth?

Just wondering if he can take a shot at a goose as well as ducks on youth weekend in that zone.

Thanks

There are no restrictions on species or limits for juniors outside the regular season regs. The late snow goose season is closed during the junior & veteran weekends for those who are not juniors or veterans.

Your kid(s) are good to go. If it's a duck or a goose, fire away! Have fun.

What club? Feel free to pm if you don't want to mention publically. I might be helping kids hunt snows on a club.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu