Youth turkey season

Waiting for pictures. Long beards, jakes, hell, at this point I'll take pictures of old dead toms.

It's over for me rained out tomorrow..... kinda glad rain sucks...... reschedule in May for the Paul Conner hunt.

Johnny will be converting his niece into a right eye rifle shooter....red Ryder to the rescue.....damn left eye freaks!
As said before ...gotta start um correct...or else...

Last edited:
Reactions: MJB
It's over for me rained out tomorrow..... kinda glad rain sucks...... reschedule in May for the Paul Conner hunt.

Johnny will be converting his niece into a right eye rifle shooter....red Ryder to the rescue.....damn left eye freaks!

We had a good day out a young fella on his first turkey ! Memories for ever for that boy and his father .. wish we were still on in the am rain way better than wind and they wanted ti hunt regardless of conditions.. just thankful for the opportunity and maybe we can get back at them ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sportyg
Great morning with Otto-Matic...Complete gobblefest to the south of us, but the birds that had been roosting where my zone is, were gone...At about 7:45, we put our 1st visual on turkeys...2 hen and a long...They got to about 90 yds from us when they came to a screeching halt...They either didn't like the hen decoy (they couldn't see the jake) or they saw some kind of movement....Whatever it was, they turned and walked away...At 8:30, we got a hen yelping back to Jacob's calling (glass pot)...150 yds away, we see 2 big toms and then below them, 3 jakes show...They start coming to the call and then see the DSD jake decoy...One goes into strut and hot foots it right into the jake...I'm about to tell Otto, "Let me get the video started" and Kaboom...Down goes Mr. Jake...Otto's 1st turkey... :blush:

ps...2 othe turkeys were takem and there were 2 misses...Tomorrow's hunts have been canceled because of the rain...Hopefully, we'll reschedule in May.

.IMG_0766 (1).JPGIMG_0760 (1).JPGIMG_4938.JPGIMG_7829.JPG

Great morning with Otto-Matic...Complete gobblefest to the south of us, but the birds that had been roosting where my zone is, were gone...At about 7:45, we put our 1st visual on turkeys...2 hen and a long...They got to about 90 yds from us when they came to a screeching halt...They either didn't like the hen decoy (they couldn't see the jake) or they saw some kind of movement....Whatever it was, they turned and walked away...At 8:30, we got a hen yelping back to Jacob's calling (glass pot)...150 yds away, we see 2 big toms and then below them, 3 jakes show...They start coming to the call and then see the DSD jake decoy...One goes into strut and hot foots it right into the jake...I'm about to tell Otto, "Let me get the video started" and Kaboom...Down goes Mr. Jake...Otto's 1st turkey... :blush:

ps...2 othe turkeys were takem and there were 2 misses...Tomorrow's hunts have been canceled because of the rain...Hopefully, we'll reschedule in May.

.View attachment 53743View attachment 53744View attachment 53745View attachment 53746

Great stuff Steve thank you for everything you do to support and facilitate such a great event ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.View attachment 53743View attachment 53744View attachment 53745View attachment 53746
Those boys will hunt for the rest of their lives now. Great work!

#2 is named Jake ..good stuff fellas ..to bad you can't hunt rain or drizzle..I like it for turkeys...
Same with my #1, conceived on a Turkey hunt

I hope we can in May, #2 was crushed when I told him it was canceled after #1 came home telling him how awesome it was.

Steve, you really have done great with this and select great mentors. Paul was very fatherly with Jake and I appreciate that. He treated him very well and spoke like a man to him. I’m glad to have youth old enough to do this finally instead of watching for posts!

Smiles for days!CDE0DBE7-C3EC-4BE4-9789-F37791BB5CC6.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Invited a father/son team up to my place this weekend while I was away working for living and got an e-mail that it was one of the fastest hunts they have ever had. Congrats to them !View attachment 53760 Apparently three toms and a couple jakes got stupid within a few minutes
I’m thinking it helps. If your dad is one of the best turkey callers in the county.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu