Zola's last ride

MJB

Nov 20, 2012
San Diego
Had to put her down today.

Cancer sucks!IMG_20220107_135902.jpgIMG_20220107_135851.jpg
I think she killed more things in her life then I ever will.
She was badass...... She was on a crusade to kill every cat she could find....... She hated him so much that she would go back and eat their head...... This dog is going to hell for sure and I'll be right there with her!

She was a badass in Baja she blood tracked 4 Sonora bucks. 2 bighorn sheep
There were pictures on Mexico's hunting website at one time.
For me dogs will pass when they die in the field you never have a chance to say good bye.
So this is easy but they don't die doing what they love...... I want to go that way with my boots on!
Anyways thanks for the well wishes and hug your dog......

Hang in there Mark. Lucky on you for having such an amazing dog!

Reactions: MJB
Godspeed Zola... Say hi to Tia and Winda

Every time I read one of these it tears me up. Really sorry Mark. RIP girl. Yes cancer does sucks. :sob:

Sorry bro.....Lloyd was my hero ....I get it ..

Mark, I'm sorry to hear this; unfortunately I know a little bit about such a loss. Take care of yourself and your family.

Thanks guys

I'm doing fine I had all month to say goodbye.

Zika is still looking for her in the morning but all is good
Sorry to hear, For sure the down side of a pet but we all know that going in. We let the fellow dogs see the expired one after they have been put to rest, it seems to help the others understand and lessen their anxiety. I'm sure you know that with your experience so I'm putting that out there for others. Once again sorry for your loss...

Terriers may be different than other breeds.
When I bring back the body in the past. They all get in a funk for 2-3 weeks. Sleeping or suning near the grave and so on.....
When I take them never to be seen again they seem to go a few days and all seams good.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu