Binos?

WntHnt

Going to buy a set of binos this black Friday sales. What is better for D-11, 8X42 or 10X42? Also looking for sub $300 pair, so ideas are welcomed.

Thanks

As the ladies say, bigger is always better. For that price I would look at a pair of Vortex, either Diamondbacks or Crossfires. We have a few pairs of the Diamondbacks and for the price, they have served us really well.

For D-11 I think you'll definitely want the 10s. I'd recommend getting it set up on a tripod as well. For me the tripod was a game changer, it was amazing how much more movement I can pick up when the binos are sitting perfectly still.

I use the 10x50 vortex diamondbacks, i like them. I use a monopod as my trekking pole I can mount them to for stability when sitting. I beat the crap out of them and they hold up.

How does light and field of view work in 8X vs 10x for these canyons? Watched a couple videos that address this and want to hear from hunters from Southern California mountains have experienced.

Start with 10x42 diamondbacks or buy some used Vipers.
&
•A cheap tripod (Vanguard or similar) & attach a BOG-POD Binocular Rest (Easy to also shoot off of in a pinch.)

Back