SCH OUTDOORS

Recent content by Kellendv

  1. Kellendv

    Anyone connect in the 16 yet

    That’s a perfect Jackalope donor buck. I need one like that.
  2. Kellendv

    New Mexico Speed Goat Down!

    Congrats!
  3. Kellendv

    Choose my elk rifle

    All good! I appreciate your perspective. The cartridge “innovation” will never end and is totally unnecessary and 100% marketing nonsense…. but I do believe projectile technology has changed recently and definitely for the better.
  4. Kellendv

    Choose my elk rifle

    Is this our first fight? Lol….. Correct shot placement with a bullet that opens is going to kill an animal every time. If you put a modern projectile that opens through both lungs of a big game animal, it is going to die, soon. But what that ACTUALLY means that most people don’t think about is...
  5. Kellendv

    Choose my elk rifle

    Tyler Freel is killing big things with modern 22 cal projectiles. He’s certainly got the credentials to decide for himself if they are suitable or not. I don’t think everyone should use that as an excuse to go do it, but bullet placement and performance are bigger factors than size.
  6. Kellendv

    Choose my elk rifle

    Gotta go with the 7mm.
  7. Kellendv

    To Clean or Not!

    I don’t clean my barrel unless it’s off, or if I think something got in the barrel.
  8. Kellendv

    AZ archery success...another year in the books

    Great buck, congrats!
  9. Kellendv

    23 years - Tule Elk Hunt

    Hell yeah dude. Congrats!
  10. Kellendv

    23 years - Tule Elk Hunt

    Come on then…. Let’s see it.
  11. Kellendv

    To the big dummy that stole my cam in McCain Valley

    It’s shit that your cam got stolen…. But dude, take a deep breath and compose yourself. What does blowing up the spot do for you? It’s not going to get you your cam back. You already have the data, there are good bucks there. Go hunt it and kill one. That’s how you win.
  12. Kellendv

    Bucket list...

    Hell yeah Ed, it’s all about the adventure. 100% of the time I’d rather shoot a buck on a big mountain hunt than in an ag field….
  13. Kellendv

    He was my friend...

    Sorry to hear that John, losing a dog is always the worst day of the year. The bond with a hunting dog is even deeper and they really are family. I went from three to zero in the last couple of years and I think about them all daily. Diesel is working the great hunting grounds in the sky, I have...
  14. Kellendv

    Sad Day for the "16"

    Say what you will about the guy, but he never* missed an opportunity to execute a wounded roadside deer. * That I know of…. In all seriousness, what a bummer. It’s always exciting to see a SoCal buck like that… hate to see him like that though.
  15. Kellendv

    Is this one of our guys?

    Say what you will about the guy, but he never missed an opportunity to say in four paragraphs what could be said in one sentence.

About us

SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience. Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.