12 volt dual zone refrigerator

Bowman

Oct 16, 2013
on the mountain
Any suggestions while out on field .
And good or bad comment appreciated.
Plus s solar generator to run it.
All comments appreciated.

From what I have heard they aren't very good. They just barely get cold enough to keep food for any period of time. Most RV units are okay as far as the refrigerator goes, but the freezer will just keep food completely frozen if you put it in frozen, but not for extended periods of time. As far as RV's go this has been my experience.

Reactions: Bowman
Might have to go back to curing meat and dehydration. Rv fridges suck. I am learning RV are like power boats. A black hole that sucks money. Hoping a portable cheap freezer. Might be a viable temporary solution.

Might have to go back to curing meat and dehydration. Rv fridges suck. I am learning RV are like power boats. A black hole that sucks money. Hoping a portable cheap freezer. Might be a viable temporary solution.
If you cam set up a small generator you can run a apartment size 120 volt refrigerator and freezer, when you don't have hook-ups.

Is a propane/electric fridge a possibility for you? They do require ventilation to the outside but battery usage is minimal. Another positive is the quiet operation when on propane- at least the Dominic was in ours.

For the past two seasons I have been using a Euhomy fridge/freezer unit which I bought on Amazon LINK I power it with a Jackery 500 battery and a 100w solar panel. It has worked very well for me. My hunting buddy has been using the same system with no issues either. You can see the solar panels below with the cord running to the back of my truck where the fridge is.
MwvpDT.jpg

I'm Yeti's hunting buddy. Just like Scott, I run a Jackery 500 with a Rockpals 100w folding portable panel for input. I'm running the same Euhomy 55qt dual zone. FWIW, last month, our inside fridge died. Although I have a fridge in our garage, I had to use my Euhomy and my friend's ARB 65 qt fridge inside. Ran the ARB as a fridge to hold food and other stuff we went into a lot. I set my Euhomy at zero degrees to keep a bag of ice in it for drinks. Worked just fine keeping entire fridge/both zones, cold enough to keep ice frozen. The Euhomy is an off brand, but most of them use the same compressors and internal parts.

If you have the money, I'd get a nicer brand, as the Euhomy does make more noise than my friend's ARB fridge. If I ever have to replace it, I may consider one of the better/more expensive brands. Definitely worth having one in a pinch, not just for camping.

Reactions: YETI and Bowman
Note do at your own risk.
Do your own research. Always
This is for intertainment only!

The most important tool .
If your out on the field get stuck with fresh meat
And don't want it spoil. Slice it up and salt that baby and salt I mean good and plenty.
Let soak in the sun. Prevent bacteria and spoilage.
Then cook it up fresh ,

This person's opinion
1724205112453.jpg

Reactions: YETI

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu