2021 Ocean Fishing Season

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
Seems like it didn't turn on this year like in years past. Maybe we were spoiled by the past few seasons. The season seems like it had its moments but nothing compared to the last couple. It would be great for the YF bite to go off, but it seems like they don't want to play this year.
I get on the Tribute for a 1.5 next Friday hopefully things get better before then.

Reactions: Morgan1776
I agree, it's been slower. Keep waiting for YF to take off, numbers are way down at this point of the. season. I get on the Fortune out of Fishermans on wed. for a two day trip. I wouldn't mine getting into catchable grade BFT but, my cow days are in the past. 25-75 pounds is more to my liking. YF and YT would be great. Report to follow.

MISSING MY FISHING. IT IS STILL LOOKING GOOD BUT SURE IS $$$ :(

.IMG_0236.JPGIMG_0296.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
MISSING MY FISHING. IT IS STILL LOOKING GOOD BUT SURE IS $$$ :(
Yup, the price goes up every season. Just pick the trip you feel will give you your best shot at some action and maybe a freezer with some great meals in it.

Remember when the fleet wouldn't even go after BF until they were the only game in town!

Bring on the Albacore!!

Want Albacore , go north young man go north. Doing great not that far north, Eureka.

I was just listening to fish report on 976 tuna. It's never a good sign when the report starts out, "hey guys it's a gorgeous day out there today"

I'll wait till they show up here again.
30-40lbs fish WFO spring time, then in the fall 60lbs on the troll and all the troll rods get hit at once.

I'll wait.....

Oh John one more cow only hurts for a day or two!

My buddy who commercially fishes the albacore up North said the fishing has not been good. He text me today.

Slow for sure now, Saw it in the middle nineties and the again in the mid two thousands. I remember when yft an dodo's were exotic and we depended on yellows and small bft with an occasional albacore presence which was even wierd compared to the sixties and seventies when it was yellows in the spring at the islands on jigs and albacore full throttle off shore beyond that. No sardines just not around... just anchovy for bait. When was the last time you fished anchovy ? I miss those days, I would rather eat albies more than any other species with big yellows on the smoker and barbaque in the spring and albies the rest of the season. Like Dylan sang- The times they are a changin... Hope it comes back someday.

Sounds like I chose a good year to not make it out. Though my buddy has pulled in some nice BFT and had a very successful alaska trip. So I still ended up with 20 lb of BFT, rockfish, salmon, and halibut.

Man I sill have 50 lbs or so of elk meat I need to eat. 2 more elk hunts this fall, need to make more room for another 350 to 400 lb of elk meat!

Seems like it didn't turn on this year like in years past. Maybe we were spoiled by the past few seasons. The season seems like it had its moments but nothing compared to the last couple. It would be great for the YF bite to go off, but it seems like they don't want to play this year.
I get on the Tribute for a 1.5 next Friday hopefully things get better before then.
In many years September and October are the best months for pelagics. Right up until the first winter storm shuts it all down. Don’t lose hope!

Reactions: Lungpopper

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu