22-250

Hallx7

Jul 31, 2013
Corona
Brought my dad's new 22-250 home from our trip this last weekend so I can start developing a load for it. I have some 55 grain VMax bullets sitting around. Originally I was planning on working with the 50 grainers but haven't bought those yet. Any thoughts or recommendations between the two? It's a Browning X-Bolt. Thanks

Thanks. I have my test worked up. Hoping to get out and shoot it next week while I'm off. Should be a fun shooter.

Hallx7 said:
Brought my dad's new 22-250 home from our trip this last weekend so I can start developing a load for it. I have some 55 grain VMax bullets sitting around. Originally I was planning on working with the 50 grainers but haven't bought those yet. Any thoughts or recommendations between the two? It's a Browning X-Bolt. Thanks
I shoot a pre 64 model 70 with a custom barrel, 31 grns IMR 4064 with a Sierra 55gr hp boat tail it is a tack driver and puts the hurts on the on any thing it hits. I have a group at 100 yds on paper that has 5 shots and all of them touching. good luck

sherpa said:
Hallx7 said:
I shoot a pre 64 model 70 with a custom barrel, 31 grns IMR 4064 with a Sierra 55gr hp boat tail it is a tack driver and puts the hurts on the on any thing it hits. I have a group at 100 yds on paper that has 5 shots and all of them touching. good luck

Interesting. I may need to change up my test with that bit of info. I was going to do an OCW test starting (pressure checks) at 33 up to 34 and testing 34.5-36. All using 4064

Thanks!

I would stay away from vmax if you are going to be using this setup in a hunting application. Make sure you use a true hollow point bullet.

They'll mainly be a target load. Can't imagine my dad will be out hunting anything with this gun. Probably just having fun at the range.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu