4 day tactical training a few months back

JonnyZ

Nov 6, 2016
I’m a big fan of training and preparing for this “worst case scenarios .” A buddy of mine and his decided to take a trip out to New Mexico to get do a 4 day class with some highly trained instructors. The specific class I attended was called LONE OPERATOR. The only formal training I have done is more in tune with long range shooting so I decided to give it a go.

The class consisted of scenario based training for being alone in a “zombie apocalypse “ or terrorist attack.

You carry a primary weapon ( AR15) and a pistol as your backup. I personally carried a battle belt with anything from a dagger, individual first aid kit including tourniquet, pistol and rifle mag pouches and of course a holster.

The range we shoot is considered a hot range meaning everyone has both firearms loaded on safe throughout a majority of the 4 days. We started the first day with basic weapons handling including tactical reloads and shooting from multiple positions. The second day was when things got serious! We shot a lot of shoot move cover drills, slow and dynamic house clearing, shoot from cars through the windshield along with other drills. We shot all of the drills during the day and then again in the pitch black night with weapons lights. The third day was honing those skills as well as some force on force training with airsoft. The last day was a solo teat that required all the skills we learned.

I assumed I was fairly proficient with firearms and could hold my own if I had to. The reality is I could train for months straight and would still be an infant compared to a vast majority of people who have spent time in the military or in any theater of war. Eye opening to say the least!!

There was a professional photographer that is with the class for the entire four day class…here are a few pictures he took!!

Attachments

• IMG_0085.png
    IMG_0085.png
    215.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0076.png
    IMG_0076.png
    424.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0074.png
    IMG_0074.png
    476.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0066.jpeg
    IMG_0066.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0065.jpeg
    IMG_0065.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0059.jpeg
    IMG_0059.jpeg
    78.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0060.jpeg
    IMG_0060.jpeg
    74.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0056.jpeg
    IMG_0056.jpeg
    72.9 KB · Views: 10

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu