5-day ended early

ke1234567

Jul 24, 2018
Santa Clarita, CA
Planned to make it out to San Clemente starting on 9/23 and return on Sunday 9/27 on friend's boat. Just three of us, loaded with coolers, ice, booze and food. Two scoops of bait. Wednesday evening, we were anchored off SCI, and anchor got stuck. Snapped at the rope, lost entire chain and anchor so we had to return Wednesday evening. Pulled back in to Channel Islands around 0130 on Thurs. Slept, woke up and cleaned the boat. I did manage to get one decent YT, and we ended up throwing back some rock fish, as we thought we wanted to save the cooler space for YT and tuna. Oh well, I'll be going out next weekend on full day off shore, hoping to put some more in the freezer.

.IMG_9788.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
God you're an ugly muther f'er!! :joy: :joy:

Looking forward to next weekend. Since we won't be anchoring we ought to be all right.

Reactions: ke1234567
Went to SCI Saturday, as friend limited on 150 to 250 class BFT 2 days earlier. I forgot how long it takes to get out there; worse on the way back in the dark.
Beautiful weather, excellent water, 69.4 deg F. NO frigging fish anywhere. Had 3 other buddy boats. Between all of us we covered north SCI, all the way to The Condom. Flew the kite with yummys. Never broke out the frozen flyers. No meter marks, nada. Stopped on several barn door paddies, but no one home.
Going back out Thurs night.
Gluck!

Can't hunt... go fish...
1.5 day out of Seaforth, leaving tomorrow night.
Mixed bag / Mixed results from the landing fish count report today.
Will be interesting.

Reactions: SurfNHuntSD

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu