a day not wasted

millbro

Oct 8, 2012
Lakeside
www.millbrothersinc.com
Went out to the spot with a buddy of mine yesterday during the charger game(time well spent). Got into the ground blind at about 1:30pm and saw the first sign of life at about 3:30pm. 2 does about 80yrds away with no bucks behind them. As they continued across the meadow, i looked to my right and saw a tall 2x3 at about 150 yrs in a clearing just feeding. I watched him for a minute or two then he disappeared into the hillside. 30 minutes later another buck came into view across the meadow i was sitting and walked right over the spot that I usually sit. Dohhh! :mad: It was a thin horned forkey but a shooter nontheless. Granted if i had a rifle I would have had a buck on the ground but I had my bow for the weapon of choice. All in all, it was a great afternoon out in the woods with a good friend and alot of animals to check out. Be back there very soon cuz the bucks are roamin.

ya, im gonna stick with the bow. Shoot, after next week i have the ability to go home with a combo of both a doe and a buck or 2 bucks with the a22 tag not filled yet and the AO tag still in season for another week. Plenty of time yet ;D ;D

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu