A22 tags

and don't worry you'll have a tree stand every 20/30 yds around so you will be well protected

Correct for all tags in "D16" area. However you make them second choice you should still be able to draw.
I need to understand that better Jake. So at the moment of Aplying we will have to opt for D16, A22 or G13. And We only can choose two options right? So we could only choose two out three and we will get only one of them?

I need to understand that better Jake. So at the moment of Aplying we will have to opt for D16, A22 or G13. And We only can choose two options right? So we could only choose two out three and we will get only one of them?
Not my area but following. I do think you get 3 choices for 2 tags. Not sure whether, if you use the first choice on a point, if you can still draw tags with choices 2 and 3 for first tag, and then one of your choices 1, 2, 3 on second tag..

Seems like D16 and A22 can usually be drawn on the 2nd choice selection. So putting in X9A (or other difficult to draw tag, or G13 which usually only requires 1 point) as the 1st choice and then D16 or A22 as the 2nd choice.
I’ll (hopefully) be bringing home the meat this year with a G13 (Using my 1 point).

Seems like D16 and A22 can usually be drawn on the 2nd choice selection. So putting in X9A (or other difficult to draw tag, or G13 which usually only requires 1 point) as the 1st choice and then D16 or A22 as the 2nd choice.
I’ll (hopefully) be bringing home the meat this year with a G13 (Using my 1 point).
So if you draw the G13 they aren't gonna give you a D16 cuz they are both draw tags.. d19 is over the counter...

"PREMIUM DEER TAGS Any hunt that filled on or before the first business day after July 1, of the previous year is a premium deer hunt. Premium deer hunt tags are issued through the Big Game Drawing. For a complete list of deer hunts and their classifications, please refer to the 2020 California Big Game Hunting Digest, available online at www.wildlife.ca.gov/ Publications/Hunting-Digest. To apply for a premium deer tag issued through the Big Game Drawing, applicants must use a First-Deer Tag Drawing Application, except for junior hunters may apply for apprentice hunts on their Second-Deer Tag Application."

PREMIUM DEER HUNTS are any hunt where the quota filled on or before the first business day after July 1, of the previous year. Hunters may only obtain one premium hunt tag per license year. To apply for a premium deer hunt tag, hunters must apply in the Big Game Drawing using a First-Deer Tag Drawing Application. Except junior hunters who may also apply for premium Apprentice Hunts using a Second-Deer Tag Drawing Application.

Premium Deer Tags for 2021 are: General Zone Hunts: C, D6, D9, D12, D14, D16 and D17; X Zone Hunts: X1, X2, X3A, X3B, X4, X5A, X5B, X6A, X6B, X7A, X7B, X8, X9A, X9B, X9C, X10 and X12; General Method Hunts: G1, G3, G6, G8, G12, G13, G19, G21, G37, G38 and G39; Muzzleloader Hunts: M3, M4, M5, M6, M7, M8, M9, M11, MA1 and MA3; Area-Specific Archery Hunts: A1, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, A8, A9, A11, A12, A13, A14, A15, A16, A17, A18, A19, A20, A21, A22, A24, A25, A26, A27, A30, A31, A32 and A33;

Reactions: Paul75_
How does G13 work, San Diego Antlerless... are any bucks running around with no rack?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu