Advice

Sfc2140

Aug 7, 2012
I want to get into some predator hunting and was looking for advice based on your guys experience a good call. I have researched but unsure as the route to go. Any advice would be appreciated

Mouth call or electronic call? Foxpro has great calls, both mouth and electronic calls. The Skyote and pied piper are great mouth calls(20$ each) A buddy of mine has a foxpro spitfire(200$) electronic call and he kills 3-7 coyotes every week using it, also a few bobcats. The wildfire II is a great call which is an upgraded spitfire for the same price. I just ordered the foxpro hellfire(350$) which is for more open country. If you want it easy and somewhat cheap, get the wildfire II which is a "beginer" call. But if you want something that is a "pro" model get the hellfire, fury 2(500$) or firestorm(400$). If you buy one from cabelas the wildfire II comes with 35 sounds chosen from foxpro, the hellfire comes with 75 sounds picked from foxpro. If you want more info on the calls go to foxpros website. If you order from their sight then you can pick your own sounds.
When you the call try to make no movement at all, coyotes can see you move your arm from a mile away. Also set your call about 60 yards out, if your in the open. Always be able to see your call. Sit in front of a bush. A decoy such as the Mojo Critter is a great way to keep the predators attention away from you. Call at a stand from 20-30 minutes. Have your rifle and a shotgun(for close range) with 00 buckshot or #4 buckshot. And when youre callimg predators will literally pop out of nowhere.

I hope I helped a little and Goodluck! If you need anymore questions answered just ask me.

Lungpopper said:
Great advice Taft with the electronic calls just about anybody can call predators. i suggest the 04 buck, the 00 doesn't have enough bb's.

If he wants to get real crazy he could spend the money and buy some T, best coyote shot there is. It'll drop them 70-80 yards one shot. Not too many people like to spend 50$ on 10 shells though haha.

Thanks for the advice. I will be going with one of those foxpro models u mentioned. Like I said I'm looking to get started so don't need to go crazy spending 500. Next will be to find a spot to test the call out

Sfc2140 said:
Thanks for the advice. I will be going with one of those foxpro models u mentioned. Like I said I'm looking to get started so don't need to go crazy spending 500. Next will be to find a spot to test the call out

Nice. Try not to call at the same spot a lot. Switch it up, call long canyon/ditches. If you call the same spot use a different sound. Predators will remember the sound you used. Lighting Jack is a good sound. Canine pups 01 and 02 are both good. My grandpa called in a whole bunch of grey fox and bobcat with the canine pups in one day.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu