Another awesome day at Henshaw

Matagi

Mar 1, 2011
Well we did it again, it took a little longer but we managed to get limits of ducks for three of us. The morning started with full moon and not a single cloud in the sky, which proved to be a challenge since all the ducks were feeding during the night. Right before shoot time, we had greenheads land on the ice in front of us and sprigs swarm our spread. After shoot time, it was a slow start as the water was glass, no wind, sub 20 degree temps, and ice all around the huntable shoreline. I managed a beautiful bull sprig for the first bird on the ground. We pulled our limits by 3pm and all this with a dozen decoys and two mini mojos. A great hunt with great friends.

My bag count:

1 Bull Sprig
2 Mallards
4 Wigeon

Attachments

• henshaw 12-29-12 009.JPG
    henshaw 12-29-12 009.JPG
    666.6 KB · Views: 13
  • henshaw 12-29-12 012.JPG
    henshaw 12-29-12 012.JPG
    398.6 KB · Views: 14
Thanks guys! Two of my friends ended up getting limits on Sunday at henshaw also. Looks like there's a good amount of new birds that got dumped onto the lake. I think I might do another hunt on Wednesday.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu