AR15 80% black anodized

S

Stereo

WTS black anodized 80% ar15 lower brand new. 80.00,would trade for maybe ammo, hunting gear, good knife.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
Interesting. Never heard of them before. Potential buyers should probably know this...

http://www.80percentarms.com/pages/faq

They are totally legal, they are not legal to sell after they have been milled without the proper ffl and a serial number, right now it is just a piece of aluminum until it is milled and turned into a lower receiver able to be used as part of a operable gun.

There is no serial number even after it has been milled once they are milled they are totally legal and are not allowed to be sold. But never register or serialized, so could not do transfer

Google is your friend, read up about 80% lowers and what it's about.

Some bad info on this thread so far. Even the seller is not correct..

The Only tough thing about machining them is the atf shut down the build parties. This makes doing the final 20% a pain.

At the moment you don't need a sn or anything on it if you built it. To sell it you need a sn and a name carved into it then you can do the transfer via a ffl. There is no one to register it with.

You can not build them with intent to sell.

Please see a lawyer as I'm a idiot and nothing I said it's true

This is what is the best thing about a forum everyone, seems to be a expert, the info I have gave was directly from ares armor . There is no one to register the lower with. Yes the build parties where stopped you are still able to purchase a jig and do it yourself with a drill press. You can also purchase a polymar lower ar15 which you can finish at home with a Dremel. So if you felt I had given wrong info sorry. I was commenting on another members info about serial number and registering. This is great info I think that all gun owners need to be aware of.
Maybe this could be a thread in the regular forum and not in the classifieds, since this subject of 80% is changing rapidly, as government takes as many rights away as possible. That is just my opinion! Thanks

Stereo, you are absolutely correct all info is good info, and what I meant about registering was when I sold a complete gun that was built on an 80% lower I had to have a serial number engraved then I had to fill out some paperwork about how I built it and basically I considered it as registering since I had to verify I did the milling and I was the original owner who was now selling it. I by no means think or agree with the comment that there is a "lot of bad info here", I have actually sold one and after looking into it the ffl I used made me do some things that were not really legally needed but maybe he was covering his ass. Sorry for bombing your thread and I will take it if it is still for sale.

Bad info is saying you have to register them to sell, so is that you can't sell them once machined. No disrespect intended and it's why I encourage people to go read up :)

Sounds like it's sold so the chatter here did it's job.

None taken thanks, important everyone should read about! Thanks

In order to sell your 80% lower you will have to get it serialized, put identifying marks on the lower receiver and obtain all the proper licensing since you are now the manufacture of the firearm. Now the firearms is not considered a 80% lower. You are allowed to build up to two unregistered 80% lowers a year, you must be legal to own a firearm in the state and built with out the intent to sell. Read up on the gun act of 1968.

Thanks to all,the lower is sold. For everyone, sold as an 80% no markings or register. Thanks

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu