Archery deer

BudMiyamoto

Aug 8, 2018
Hello all, I’m from Hawaii and live in so cal now. I love to bow hunt. This is my 2 year hunting in so cal. Checked out a few spots last year and only seen one doe. I’m going scouting this weekend in d16 not totally sure where yet but been doing research and have a few places in mind. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

If you are archery hunting the Lagunas are popular and are are archery only. Other than that try and get at least a mile or two from any road and you will see deer.

Reactions: Sdhunt17
this would be my first year bow hunting a deer. but from the scouting ive done. WATER is key. find water point on map and see if there is still water holding. we are a pretty dry county.

laguna seem good. lots of pine and small valley for deer to feed in. went out a few weeks and found some tree stands and ground blinds. so it might be elbow to elbow. just willl have to beat people out there.

Hello all, I’m from Hawaii and live in so cal now. I love to bow hunt. This is my 2 year hunting in so cal. Checked out a few spots last year and only seen one doe. I’m going scouting this weekend in d16 not totally sure where yet but been doing research and have a few places in mind. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Where in Hawaii you from? I lived in Hilo from 2003-11.

As for the deer, I'd start by finding water sources and looking at public areas that abut private lands with water (use maps).

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sdhunt17
Where in Hawaii you from? I lived in Hilo from 2003-11.

As for the deer, I'd start by finding water sources and looking at public areas that abut private lands with water (use maps).

I’m from Kauai. My wife is from so cal.

I’m from Kauai. My wife is from so cal.
Thanks man
Cool, welcome. Used to visit my good friend and his buddies in Kekaha. I didn't hunt much back then but they all did. We'd camp Polihale and shore dive the westside and north shore. Fun times.

Cool, some good hunting at poliHale for goats. Gonna give it a try to shoot a deer with my bow out here. Maybe hunt ogether one day.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu