Avoid Nikon Optics

JakeSCH

Oct 16, 2017
Apparently Nikon does not support the hunting industry so they are removing riflescopes from their product line. I have successfully used Nikon gear over the years but I say we take a stand and avoid all their optics going forward.

Bummer. I have a Nikon Prostaff on my deer rifle, a P-223 on my AR, and still have some Monarch binos. I've sent all these in for some work at some point and have been taken care of for no cost, including once where my AR scope was fully replaced for free. Sorry to hear this.

at first i was like... wait maybe they are just not making money but since they still make hunting optics is a BAN is warranted???
so i read this
and now i am not as sure. Kinda sounds like they are scared that hunting might affect the massive camera market. ( i shoot canon btw )
The market will not miss them, vortex and others will pick up that mid to low end market they pretty much sat in.
So, Bye bye nikon you will not be missed.

Reactions: ilovesprig
at first i was like... wait maybe they are just not making money but since they still make hunting optics is a BAN is warranted???
so i read this
and now i am not as sure. Kinda sounds like they are scared that hunting might affect the massive camera market. ( i shoot canon btw )
The market will not miss them, vortex and others will pick up that mid to low end market they pretty much sat in.
So, Bye bye nikon you will not be missed.
I agree...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu