Axil hearing protection Review

Aeon

just a dude who duck hunts
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Feb 16, 2011
what?

yeah that is what i am trying to stop. I have tried quite a few electronic solutions and some have been so so and others have just sucked. The best so far is my pro ears muffs. They do exactly what they are supposed to but it comes with the bulk of the muff. They are also not water proof or even water resistant. They seem to shake off the water once dry but my 6 year old set is not so happy anymore.

The list of failures is long! Proears stealth 24 is NOT of the same quality as the muffs. Cheap drivers in the buds and cheap mic equals poor sound. The design is flawed too with the over the ear making them awkward for hunting. The worst so far has to be the walkers xv band. The idea is purfect, neck band that has retractable buds that if they had built them with quality parts would be amazing. Sad to say they did not! With the bulk of the band you wear on your neck they have zero excuse for the cheap parts they put into them. They died a month into the season. WaLKERS if you want send me a set and ill review your new xv's but there is zero chance of me spending money on them till i know they are good to go!

A few other cheap muffs have all more or less been a pain and not worked well.......

along comes this
seems like it ticks all the boxes, has BT connectivity like the walkers vx does but they say they use good parts.... we will see? i just ordered a set and i will post a full review once they get here. They do have a sale on right now. They say i can return them if they are not what they say. fingers crossed and stand by........

following! i have been considering something like this for hunting.

Yep...I am in need. Let's find a good set to shoot and hunt with. Also need to plug into radios if possible.

not off to a amazing start... has not shipped yet. -1 point for slow shipping. in 2020 fast shipping is the norm and expected.

Aeon - did you get them? What's your assessment?

Anyone have recommendations for some electronic noise cancelling ear buds (for hunting, not really for shooting)? I tried a pair of Walkers but the flexible semi-rigid neck leash picked up some highly annoying sounds when rubbing against a collar so sent them back. Thanks.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu