Red wine or port
jalapeños
garlic
S & P
Blue cheese
Cilantro
Bacon or Salomi
Tooth picks

Mix to taste the ground elk, salt, pepper, garlic, blue cheese, port and cilantro in a bowl. Then take the veins and seeds out of the jalapeños and cut in half. Now stuff the half peppers with the mix and wrap in bacon use a tooth pick to secure bacon. Grill until crusty on top.

Basic bacon wrapped pepper, I have done it with shredded pheasants, feta, desert wine and Basil works good too!

I like to test a few before i do them all, sometimes if I want them hot I'll leave some of the white veins on the pepper to add some heat. I also press the bacon out to get it thin, this gets the bacon crispy on the grill without overcooking the pepper.

Attachments

• Elk peppers.JPG
    Elk peppers.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 18

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu