Best hunting pack

Larry Cochran

Utah Buck 2010
Jan 8, 2011
Alpine, Ca
What is the best hunting backpack on the market that is also good for hauling out meat? I carry a lot of stuff in my pack. I typically use an military style Alice pack to haul out meat but I’d rather have a more versatile pack.

I would say look at stone glacier, kifaru, exo mountain, mystery ranch, and kuiu. I have heard great things about all of them, but I personally run the Kifaru Reckoning and can speak to its ability to stably hold 100 lbs.

Reactions: Geappetto Hunts
Ive tried them all.... I have 4 eberlestock packs. Sounds like the Just one pack from eberlestock would fit all your needs. Its hard to beat the rifle scabbord their packs have.

Check out the Molle or Molle II “LARGE” Rucks, 4000 cubic inches or use the straps to adjust the size down to your current Alice pack size. All your other Alice gear should attach to front and sides if its removable, totally customizable layout. Got this one surplus, $50 with Frame. There is a divider where you can seperate the top and bottom into two separate compartments until you want to use its full capacity. All the outer compartments can be removed and attached to web gear.

6326009B-FE4E-4F90-8856-C66B1A0EF262.jpeg

I like my Blacks Creek Guide Gear Answer. I’ve only done day trips, so far its been pretty comfortable I like the way the pockets are organized. I’ll have to get a deer down before I can tell you how it does on the pack out. I got an Exo k2 2000 but I returned it because I thought the lower back cushion was too big and I couldn’t get it to fit comfortably.

Without going into a lot of detail... see if you're satisfied with something else besides a Kifaru pack *first*.

Not saying it's a bad pack... but.. for the money you're paying... some of the annoying and bothersome things about their system, I see as flaws in their design thinking. That being said,the big one I got you can put a DANG lot in there.

Eberlestock f1 main frame and then pick your pack.
The meat hauler is the mainframe.

I run the Mystery Ranch Metcalf. Completely satisfied with it. Lots of great packs out there..

I have had the Kuiu 1850, 3200 and the 3600 and all have been very good. We have packed alot of elk and deer out with no complaints. The meat shelf works great. The gun sling is also nice. And if you want an Eberestock scabbard, they work good with the Kuiu system. It's super light as well.

I’ve used eberlestock, Kuiu and Kifaru. Kifaru is my favorite by far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu