BHA Rendezvous 2019

HortoTheSlayer

May 17, 2018
Boise Idaho
Taking a trip to Boise in 2 weeks for my birthday to attend part of the BHA Rendezvous. This trip came together last minute and kind of unexpected but super excited! Going to attend the live MeatEater podcast event! Most importantly I'm finally getting the chance to get to explore Idaho a bit. For sometime I've been wanting to move out of San Diego and my wife has some family up in Sand Point, Cascade and Boise so we have been considering moving out there in a couple years. I'd like to invest in some property out there and own a home and it's getting too expensive to live out here. Also my wife's uncle hunts as well so hopefully get to try some his cow elk and white tale from this past season.

Still focused on trying to get gobbler before I leave for my trip on the 1st. Had my day set up to get back into the woods tomorrow but now my wife needs to take my car to work..guess I should have had a plan b..

Dude it’s Bear season! Kill a bear! Exploring with a gun and a tag is way better than just exploring.

Haha you are right! Wish I could buy daily hunting licenses because I think her uncle isn't far from some of the discounted bear units. Its $154 for the non-resident hunting license. Pretty cool it's only $41.75 for non-resident bear tag for those designated units. I'll see what I can get into..thinking about hitting up the pawn shops out there and see if I can find some deals on some gear. Not sure how much pocket money I'll be taking out there but would like to come back with a souvenir or 2..a black bear skin rug would be a pretty sweet souvenir lol

I am jealous! Have fun I listen to the meateater podcast as soon as a new one is out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here and thanks! My wife surprised me for our anniversary last month with an autographed copy of the new MeatEater cook book along with a sweater and the how to gut a deer bandana! She also got me a few things from Hunt To Eat in the past..I think she's a keeper!

Right on, sounds like a blast. Love Meateater and BHA. And although it’s on the bucket list, I bet I would love Idaho as well

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu