Boot Conditioning

Steps I took

1. Took off shoe laces
2. Scrubbed with warm water in sink & sponge
3. Liberally applied schnee's leather conditioner with hand with boots still wet (this is the step shown in the picture)
4. Let the conditioner set over night
5. Remove excess with rag (wait a few more hours)
6. Apply Nikwax with hand, removing excess with rag
7. Washing shoe laces now, letting them dry out before I re-install.

This should fully re-water proof and protect my boots.

Reminded me I need to do this. My Kenetreks are going on season 3 and are looking pretty dry. Wading through those spring creeks then covering them in sand and dirt and sitting in my hot ass garage really dries them out.

Reactions: JakeSCH
Reminded me I need to do this. My Kenetreks are going on season 3 and are looking pretty dry. Wading through those spring creeks then covering them in sand and dirt and sitting in my hot ass garage really dries them out.

Exactly! I've run my schnee's really hard last two seasons and they were pretty dried out.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu