Boot Gaiters

hikingwithguns

Jan 18, 2019
Can anyone recommend boot gaiters? Looking for best all around- wear and tear, waterproof, noisy, weight and boot fit. I wear Kenetrek boots but not sure the Kenetrek gaiters are the best choice with these other options available. Looks like the price is about the same give or take $20. Appreciate any advice. Thanks.

I'm thinking between these 4-
Outdoor Research Crocodile Gore Tex
Kuiu yukon
Kuiu Kutana Storm
Kenetrek gaiters

How what type of longevity and use do you need out of them? I went with the Kutana and dont regret it yet. I hunt the western states and hate packing extra weight so having a light pair means I wont complain about packing them ensures they get some use instead of sitting in the truck. They are probably not the toughest though.

I'm in California so hunt the sierras and northern CA. Hoping to get several seasons out of them. Not using them for upland in so cal for snakes but for snow at the higher elevations. thanks

I just came back from wet, wet, wet Alaska. My buddy had Kuiu and they retained so much water that they kept from doing their job... nothing dries out in Alaska. I have a pair of Kenetrek... they do the same. The best pair I've used has been the Jim Shockey, all waterproof nylon. Sadly the stitching on one velcro strip gave out. I'll be looking for another set. Ed F

I've used Kenetrek for past three seasons. Generally hunt between 5,000 and 8,000. Some snow and rain, but mostly dry and brushy conditions. They have done job so far.

Last edited:
I'm in California so hunt the sierras and northern CA. Hoping to get several seasons out of them. Not using them for upland in so cal for snakes but for snow at the higher elevations. thanks
I'd probably stick with the Kutana if that's the case. They work great for a quick stream crossing as well.

You may be SOL in Alaska no matter what you do.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu