Camp Cady WA

RKE

Dec 24, 2018
My son was drawn for a pheasant hunt at Camp Cady WA in November. Anyone familiar with this WA and it’s camping area?

My son was drawn for a pheasant hunt at Camp Cady WA in November. Anyone familiar with this WA and it’s camping area?
I have 3 that got drawn for the same one. Never been there and info is sparse. We've done a few of these pheasant hunts(Wister, SJ, Peace Valley) and they all seem to run the same.

We've done the Mendota hunt a time or two as well, I'm just trying to figure out if I want to round-trip it or not.

We got the early hunt, maybe we will see each other out there?

I went out to Camp Cady several years back looking for quail hunting spots. I don't think we got into any quail but I do remember seeing a lot of tracks. It seemed like a pretty deserted and barren area, but there was a field or two of some planted crop or cover crop (I'm not much of a farmer lol). If you make the drive all the way out there you might want to try and find some quail either before or after the hunt. Good luck, I hope you guys get into the birds!

Reactions: ilovesprig and RKE
Can’t help you with camping or pheasant programs. But I’ve seen a lot of quail and shot a few. They’re down in the dry river near the HQ buildings. Thick brush in there so hunting with a dog is your best bet. If you’re the first one there in the morning you might jump shoot a duck or two on the two ponds. Some years mourning dove are good, others pretty dry. Good luck!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu