Central Coast Hogs

dusty

Nov 9, 2012
Went up to the Santa Maria area to do a quick hunt for hogs with a couple of friends. We got these hogs yesterday morning around 8 or so. Our guide and long time friend Brady spotted a few hogs down a small steep canyon and took miy friends Pat and Mike down to get a better look and hopefully a good shot. I stayed up on top of the ridge and set up to take mine before the pigs made a break over the next ridge. While i was waiting i could see the hogs hunkered down in the brush and before I knew it the hogs started to make a break for it. Boom, the pigs winded us and shots rang out through the canyon. The boys below me had got their shots and my pig ended up running up the hillside. 1st shot high to the right as my shooting sticks slipped a little. 2nd shot hit, and took a third shot as my pig made it almost another 10 yds up the hill staggering towards the farm road. third shot torched it!!!! Here is a pic from left to right, Pat , Mike, and myself. Thanks again for another great hog hunt!!!! Good times and great friends.

Attachments

• 58201_486187371427900_1184273431_n.jpg
    58201_486187371427900_1184273431_n.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCN0066.JPG
    DSCN0066.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 7

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu