Chase'in tuner @ the 277

Hunter Fishman

Feb 23, 2015
hoopin trip canceled, turned mission bay float tube trip, turned chasing tales of tails & fins.
Buddy got on a Wide open football fest @ the 277 on monday, hits me up knowing I took sunday off cus we were supose to be hoopin sat night, so @ 3a.m. we went out of long beach... Ya, long beach! Not sure to go left back to the possibilities of another football fest 50 some miles south, or go off a tip we got to hit the osborne bank a little further drive & North.
277 it is! sounds like a sure thing right? 1 1/2 hrs later, ghost town! Wa Wa Wa WAAAAAAAAAAA....... :-[
we each got 2 micro yellow tails 10 to 15 inches (1st patty fish!) left em chewin cus, why bother with nothing bigger underneath em, 4 small patties, all marked with balloons & picked clean, saw a hammerhead & 2 mola molas, saved a sea turtle from some trash & listened to the endless annoying banter of the other unsuccessful anglers in the area.
Radio went silent around 11 am & we ended up back in the harbor to fish the bass by 1 pm with nothing but an empty tank, a 23 inch hali & a sunburn!
Nacho @ L B Bait had good chovies tho!
I about strangled my buddy yesterday when he tells me the fish counts from sport boats that hit the Osborne bank & told me the guy who tipped him off use to be a sport boat captian! :eek:
It happens. I had a blast but it was brutal!
Next post will likely be a report on some hoopin for bugs in SD. I cant wait! pulled an 18 lber 2 years ago & we got limits for all 3 of us!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu