Collapsing brass

Josh S.

Jul 22, 2016
New to reloading and have came across an issue. Just bought some ADG brass, previously i was using Nosler. I deburred all the cases then i full sized them. When I full size my cases I remove the spindle from my die because I'm using a Sinclair carbide expanding mandrel to set my neck ID (.283) in the next step. When I started sizing the ID of my neck with my expanding mandrel, dipping my case neck in graphite media prior, randomly I started getting cases collapsing. I would like to know what I am doing to cause this. I never had this issue with my Nosler cases. If any veteran reloader would like to talk about it over the phone due to not wanting to write a lot, send me a message and I can send my number.

Hornady Custom Grade 28 Nos Die Set
Hornady Single Stage Iron Press

Thanks

Josh
b496c3c8e6f69c21bd25363254401537.jpg
5ef91225fb50f96df89ab0ac7a0d4a55.jpg

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu