Colorado Application deadline due Tuesday 04/03/18

Done for deer, Elk, and antelope. I like the new $3 fee and $40 point charge system. Seems like it will earn CO some more money for conservation and it is still very reasonable compared to other states.

Done for deer, Elk, and antelope. I like the new $3 fee and $40 point charge system. Seems like it will earn CO some more money for conservation and it is still very reasonable compared to other states.

No Moose? Best Shiras hunt in the west.

You can save on the point cost by purchasing last years fishing license or if you drew a tag last year then you don’t have to pay the 40 dollar point cost .

Reactions: Fowl Play
You can save on the point cost by purchasing last years fishing license or if you drew a tag last year then you don’t have to pay the 40 dollar point cost .

Yes but the deadline for that train passed on 03/31/2018. The trick was to purchase a 2017 license.

Yeah I was letting people be aware of it for next year since I slipped up and forgot to post that tip on here before the date.

Reactions: NBK
Thanks for the reminder! Did point only for deer and elk. Out of curiosity, how does the point cost trick work that you guys are referring to?

Reactions: TRICER
When you go to apply you buy a small game or fishing license from the year prior so it will only be valid for a couple weeks after you buy it and if you purchase one then you don’t have to pay the 40 dollar per species preference point cost.

Reactions: Fowl Play
Thanks guys! Pays to read those documents fully. So a $56 non-resident fishing or small game license get's you "unlimited" preference points for that year essentially. (Besides the $3 per species cost). Definitely remembering that for next year. Any other states have tricks like that?

Utah has a 365 day license so you can apply late one year and then early he next year and apply and hunt two years on one license .

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu