Colorado Springs

S

stikbrandon

Heading there on the July 3rd and staying a few days looking to do some fly fishing.

Never been there and I’m looking to give it a go. Anyone know any rivers or streams to go too??

I lived in the Springs for 3 years...most good water is in the mountains. Check out Angler's Covey fly-shop in Colorado Springs, they will point you in the right direction.
Check out Skagway Reservoir near Cripple Creek; its a bit of a drive from CS, however a small creek flows out from it, not very wide, maybe 15' feet in width. The fish aren't big, although you might find a decent fish on occasion. Hike back a bit and you'll find some water that isn't fished too hard. I used an Amy's Ant and had a blast. 3WT is all you'll need. I believe it's called Beaver Creek. Hope this helps!

Reactions: TRICER

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu