Copper solvent...

D72Blazer

Apr 6, 2012
Lakeside, CA
About a year ago I stretched my budget and bought a tikka t3 hunter in 30-06.. Recently after getting sighted in for 200yds with barns bullets I noticed what I thought was trace amounts of rust. I was in a panic and tried several cleaners with very little results. I took the gun down to fine firearms and John told me it was copper not rust and my barrel was still in great shape... Ye recommended I use Montana extreme copper solvent.. I tried it, it was coming out blue every time but I could still see the same copper fowling. I looked online and talked with a couple other hunters and decided to try KG12..... WOW.... one application of this and some gentle scrubbing from a nylon brush and all the copper was gone and it wasn`t stinky at all... It worked awesome and being I have to clean my guns in the house I liked that it didn`t knock me out with a bad smell... I would highly recommend the kg products and wish fine firearms would start carrying them... Derek

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu